Main research themes at DESLAB:
- Algorithms of Digital Signal Processing for Speech Processing and Telecommunications, Digital Image Processing, Biomedical Signal Processing, Computer Vision, Intelligent Controls.
- Embedded Systems on MCU, FPGA and DSP.
- MOSFET Modeling and Parameter Extraction
- FPGA Design, IC Design and System-on-Chip.
- Design of Biomedical Electronics Products.
- Internet-of-Things (IoTs) Applications.
Main themes are currently researched underway:
1. ASIC Design
2. PCB Design, FPGA Design and Embedded Systems
3. MOSFET Device Modeling and Parameter Extraction
4. An Ultra-fast CAM-based Detection and Recognition System on FPGA/ASIC
5. Electronic Microscope using Embedded Systems (Biomedical Electronics)
6. Body Area Network: using MCU and BLE for Health Monitor (Biomedical Electronics – Internet-of-Things application)
7. Wireless Presentation Assistance Device using Wifi
8. Biomedical Signal Processing (BSP) using ICA algorithm
9. High Performance Processors on FPGA and ASIC
– 16-bit, 32-bit Digital Signal Processor
– 64-bit multi-core CPU
– Set Operation Processor (SOP)
– Database Processor (DBP)